CALL FOR WORKSHOPS
Spring Conference 2018
- May 30 & 31, June 1
Hyatt Regency Hotel, New Brunswick
Cross-Curricular Conversations for ELLs
NJTESOL/NJBE invites you to participate in its Annual Spring Conference.
- Workshops, research, and panel discussions may be submitted for presentation.
Preference will be given to proposals that reflect the conference theme.
- With approval of their district, teachers may apply the time of the presentation
to their 100 hour continuing education requirement.
- QUESTIONS? E-mail Caia Schlessinger firstname.lastname@example.org
- We thank you in advance for your interest in participating in our conference and your diligence in completing the proposal form.
Please read ALL this information carefully. Each step MUST be followed.
- Submission: The workshop proposal deadline is November 15, 2017.
Proposals received after this date will not be considered. Workshops are limited to only TWO presenters.
You should receive an e-mail within a week after you submit your proposal acknowledging your submission. If you do not, contact the webmaster,
- Notification: on or about December 15, 2017
You will receive an email notification as to the acceptance or non-acceptance of your presentation on or about December 15, 2017.
Please watch for this email. It is the contact person's responsibility to notify other listed presenter of the acceptance
or non-acceptance of the proposal and to inform them of their registration responsibilities.
- Confirmation: due January 5, 2018
In order to put the schedule on the website in in time for attendees to choose the day or days they want to attend, we must receive confirmation from you by January 5, 2018.
- It is imperative that you supply a personal email, rather than your school email.
Your personal email will ensure that you receive communications from us.
- Presenters' Registration Fees: due by March 2, 2018
- Discounted registration fees will be given for up to TWO presenters for a
75 minute workshop or demonstration. Due to state funding regulations, lunch for all presenters will be a gift of NJTESOL/NJBE.
- Presenters who are members will pay a $65 registration fee on the day or days they present; nonmembers will be charged an $100 registration fee. The registration fee for presenters who attend a second or third day will get a discount off the second and/or third day fee.
Presenters must register and pay by March 2, 2018 to qualify for these fees, or incur a $30 late charge for registrations received by mail
or submitted online after that date.
- Please do not send in a registration form until you receive notification as to the acceptance or non-acceptance of your presentation.
*Click here to acknowledge acceptance of the presenters’
registration fees and notification information.
This will bring you to the "Call for Workshops" form.