EXECUTIVE BOARD POSITIONS
Instructions to Complete the Nomination Form
- Check the position you are interested in.
- Complete the personal information, name, address, telephone, etc. Write “not
applicable” where needed.
- Write your professional position. For example, you may write Bilingual Teacher, Principal, College Professor,
Consultant (if you are working independently), etc.
- When answering to Professional Affiliation, write the district, school or university with which you are affiliated.
If you are a consultant, explain the nature of your professional activities, i.e. teacher training, program evaluation, adjunct, etc.
- Write the highest degree awarded, major and institution, i.e. MAT, Language Literacy and Learning, New York University
- List your professional interests as an educator. Try to word them in a specific rather than general terms.
Example: “Participation of English language learners in honor courses” (specific) instead of “Access of
bilingual students to equal
educational opportunities” (general) or “Use of native language and English in the elementary bilingual class”
instead of the more general interest in “Bilingual literacy.” (Your answer must be 500 characters or less.)
- As qualifications for the position for which you are being nominated or are nominating yourself, list experiences,
academic endeavors and other activities that have prepared you to hold a position of responsibility.
Member of the High School Committee to align the Bilingual Curriculum to the NJCCC
Standards, member of the School Planning Team, presenter at the 2016 NJTESOL/NJBE Spring Conference, organizer of the district’s mini
conference on second language acquisition, coordinator of Parents’ Night activities at my school, etc. (Your answer must be 500 characters or less.)
- When you prepare to list your goals, review the possible interests of the group you will represent or
the duties of the office you are being nominated for. These two areas will determine the goals you may set for yourself.
As a member of the NJTESOL/NJBE Executive Board you will have to discuss a variety of issues during the monthly meetings
or make short presentations for your colleagues; thus, increasing your knowledge of issues and events about bilingual education/ESL
is a valid goal that you may also want to list. (Your answer must be 1,000 characters or less.)
- After the nomination period ends, all NJTESOL/NJBE members will be invited to cast their votes online. When the voting concludes, the results will be posted.
Nomination Online Form